Monday, March 21, 2011

Incendiary by Chris Cleave

















































A tragicomic open letter to Osama Bin Laden from a young London woman whose husband and son are killed in a terrorist attack on a soccer stadium.  -iBooks


Yes that is really the entire synopsis on this book from iBooks.  How they believe this book can be summed up in those lines at first infuriated me, but now I'm at peace with it.  Short, succinct, and to the point--this synopsis is very similar to the narrator of the book who I grew to love while reading.  Her honesty, pain, regret, and attempt to find solace and forgiveness made her seem as real as someone I'd known my whole life.  The open ended letter to Osama Bin Laden adds an entirely fresh context and point of view, that only adds to her down to earth mentality.  She shares her flaws and enables the reader to understand her on a personal level, and to feel her pain, loss, and regret.  
Forewarning--some crude language and subject matter.


Bell's Rating

No comments:

Post a Comment